The Commissary will be offering monthly, food industry specific workshops to help established and budding food business entrepreneurs navigate the industry.
NEXT WORKSHOP ANNOUNCED!
"PICTURE PERFECT: FOOD STYLING & PHOTOGRAPHY" on Tuesday September 12th. Take your business' social media to the next level with gorgeous photography. Join us for an interactive session where you'll discover the basic rules of styling and composition. With food and styling materials provided for your use, you'll walk away from the workshop knowing how to produce food photos that perform and engage your audience simply by using your phone.
This workshop will be run by two leaders in their fields: Cara Livermore, food photographer, screen-to-print designer, hand-letterer and designer of the local indie food magazine, Chickpea, and Sarah Potter of the food and lifestyle blog The Pastiche. Purchase tickets here.
This workshop will take place at RIT Center for Urban Entrepreneurship (CUE): 40 Franklin Street, Rochester, NY 14604. Parking is free in the building's Pleasant Street lot.
Workshops to date:
- "How To Set Your Food Business up for Success & the Permits and Documents You Need to Get There"
- "Engaging your Audience through Social Media"
Missed the workshop? Need a refresher? Check out our YouTube Channel here.
future workshop topics INCLUDE:
- Accounting & Quickbooks Basics for Food & Beverage
- Your Logo's Great! How's Your Brand? How to Best Communicate Your Food Brand
- Protect Your Business: Understanding & Choosing the Right Insurance
- Catering & The Prepared Meals Space: How To Build a Successful Operation
- Labeling, Packaging, Bottling & Paper Products
- Raising Capital: City of Rochester, Kiva, Pathstone, ESL
- Time Management
- Alternative Food Business Models (e.g., virtual restaurants, pop-up restaurants, festivals and public markets, food trucks)
- Using Social Media to Build Fans and Grow a Good Business
- Successful Food Entrepreneurs & Lessons Learned: Food trucks, restaurateurs, caterers, bakers, food product entrepreneurs
- How to Pitch Your Business