The Commissary will be offering monthly, food industry specific workshops to help established and budding food business entrepreneurs navigate the industry.
"ENGAGING YOUR AUDIENCE THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA" on Tuesday July 25th. In a digital and visual world, entrepreneurs rely heavily on social media to gain exposure and connect with their audiences. Join us for an engaging conversation with three of our city's leading social media experts, Linh Phillips of Sir Rocha Says, Danielle Raymo of Rochester Brainery, and Breanna Banford of Yelp Rochester, who will share with us insights into how they have established and developed their online brands. This information will help you build fans and grow your food business. View the full invitation and purchase tickets here.
You can view our first workshop, "How To Set Your Food Business up for Success & the Permits and Documents You Need to Get There" here.
future workshop topics INCLUDE:
- Accounting & Quickbooks Basics for Food & Beverage
- Your Logo's Great! How's Your Brand? How to Best Communicate Your Food Brand
- Protect Your Business: Understanding & Choosing the Right Insurance
- Catering & The Prepared Meals Space: How To Build a Successful Operation
- Labeling, Packaging, Bottling & Paper Products
- Raising Capital: City of Rochester, Kiva, Pathstone, ESL
- Time Management
- Alternative Food Business Models (e.g., virtual restaurants, pop-up restaurants, festivals and public markets, food trucks)
- Using Social Media to Build Fans and Grow a Good Business
- Successful Food Entrepreneurs & Lessons Learned: Food trucks, restaurateurs, caterers, bakers, food product entrepreneurs
- How to Pitch Your Business