The Commissary will be offering monthly, food industry specific workshops to help established and budding food business entrepreneurs navigate the industry.
Be sure to join our mailing list to RECEIVE future workshop announcements!
Workshops to date:
- "How To Set Your Food Business up for Success & the Permits and Documents You Need to Get There"
- "Engaging your Audience through Social Media"
- "Picture Perfect: Food Styling & Photography"
Missed the workshop? Need a refresher? Check out our YouTube Channel here.
future workshop topics INCLUDE:
- Accounting & Quickbooks Basics for Food & Beverage
- Your Logo's Great! How's Your Brand? How to Best Communicate Your Food Brand
- Protect Your Business: Understanding & Choosing the Right Insurance
- Catering & The Prepared Meals Space: How To Build a Successful Operation
- Labeling, Packaging, Bottling & Paper Products
- Raising Capital: City of Rochester, Kiva, Pathstone, ESL
- Time Management
- Alternative Food Business Models (e.g., virtual restaurants, pop-up restaurants, festivals and public markets, food trucks)
- Using Social Media to Build Fans and Grow a Good Business
- Successful Food Entrepreneurs & Lessons Learned: Food trucks, restaurateurs, caterers, bakers, food product entrepreneurs
- How to Pitch Your Business